From that first “well-baby” visit through your child’s adolescence, your pediatrician is your partner in providing care, preventing illness, and laying the foundation for lifelong health.
Pediatricians focus exclusively on providing primary care for young patients. These physicians are experts in managing your child’s physical, social, and behavioral health. They also have special training in diagnosing and treating childhood illnesses.
Your pediatrician will take care of your child by:
- Performing routine physicals, vaccinations, and other “well-care” services.
- Answering your questions about your child’s growth and development and any areas of concern.
- Providing helpful information on health and safety issues.
- Discussing healthy habits and other ways to prevent illness.
- Diagnosing and treating illnesses, infections, and other health-related problems.
- Referring you to a specialist, if necessary. As an affiliate of Albany Med, Saratoga Hospital can easily connect you with experts in pediatric cardiology, endocrinology (diabetes), ophthalmology (eye care), and many other specialty areas.
Almost all of your child’s care will be provided in the pediatrician’s office. If your child needs hospital care, Saratoga Hospital has special visiting hours for parents, so you can stay with your child 24/7.
Some parents prefer having the same primary care physician take care of every member of the family. If that’s the case, Saratoga Hospital Medical Group Primary Care can meet your family’s healthcare needs. All have earned national recognition as patient-centered medical homes.
To view all medical staff, please click here.