Dermatologists are trained to diagnose and treat more than 3,000 skin conditions—from acne to eczema to skin cancer—as well as hair loss and other scalp problems. These highly skilled specialists also provide a variety of cosmetic dermatology services, including laser treatments and injectables, to improve skin appearance.
In general, medical conditions that require dermatology treatment are covered by insurance, but cosmetic dermatology procedures are not. Check with your insurance provider before your dermatology appointment.
Dermatologists provide comprehensive services, including but not limited to:
- Mohs micrographic surgery for skin cancer
- Skin exams
- Advice and education on skin cancer prevention and early detection
- Treatment for acne, rosacea, psoriasis, eczema, rashes, warts, and other skin conditions
- Botox and other injectable treatments
- Scar treatments
- Laser skin rejuvenation
- Spa services and products