Founded in 1904, The Flower and Fruit Mission has supported Women's Health Services at Saratoga Hospital for over 100 years. Thirty-five women make up The Mission, including two current members who have served over 50 years.
Saratoga Hospital provides comprehensive women's health services, including obstetrical care and preventive and primary gynecological care. Some services included are comfortable birthing suites with overnight accommodations for a support person, childbirth education programs and lactation consultants. The Saratoga Hospital Midwifery team focuses on the physical and emotional well-being of each patient. They are there for you every step of the way, empowering you to take control of your health.
Through the decades, The Mission has sewed thousands of blankets, caps and clothing items for the infants born at Saratoga Hospital. They've also provided flowers and fruit for new mothers, and made countless jars of homemade jam for hospital meals and fundraisers.
Evolving with the times, we now hold two annual fundraisers: The Spring Luncheon in May and the Snow Ball in December.
- The Spring Luncheon
- Each May, our classic ladies luncheon kicks off the Saratoga summer season, bringing together hundreds of women in our community to raise money for Women's Health Services at Saratoga Hospital.
- The 2018 Presenting Sponsor of the Spring Luncheon is Julie & Co. Realty.
- The Snow Ball
- The Snow Ball, held on the first Saturday in December, is our largest fundraiser and kicks off the holiday season with festive décor, cocktails, dinner and dancing. It is typically a sold-out event, and this year, we are thrilled to announce that Adirondack Trust Company will be our Presenting Sponsor. Thank you, Adirondack Trust, for your support of our Mission!
Some recent contributions from The Flower and Fruit Mission are:
- A donation of $30,000 was made to the Community Health Center to support women's health for the uninsured and under-insured mothers in our community
- A donation of $50,000 funded the purchase of Noelle, a simulation program used to train doctors and nurses in crisis care for mothers and newborns
- A donation of $17,000 funded the purchase of new Bilibeds, which allow treatment of jaundice right in the bassinet, so that mothers and their babies can stay close during treatment
- Ongoing donations to the Women's Health Services wing for facilities improvements and renovations
The Flower and Fruit Mission also offers two scholarships each year.
- The Philly Dake Memorial Award
- This annual award is given in loving memory of longtime Flower and Fruit Mission member Philly Dake, whose dedication to improving local medical care was exemplary. In her honor, a scholarship is awarded to a Saratoga Springs High School graduating senior, male or female, that has an expressed documented interest in pursuing a career in the medical field
- The Mildred Rockwell Fund
- Given in memory of a long-standing and much loved member, this $5,000 annual scholarship fund pays for advanced educational opportunities for labor and delivery nurses at Saratoga Hospital. Nurses may apply to attend medical conferences or certification programs on topics such as lactation and advanced obstetrical skills, helping to heighten the quality of care for mothers and newborns at Saratoga Hospital
To date, over $1,300,000 has been raised for equipment, scholarships, facility improvements and nurse education.
For more information on The Flower and Fruit Mission, please contact us at email@example.com. Our mailing address is:
The Flower and Fruit Mission
P.O Box 207
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866