FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sept. 10, 2020
Saratoga Hospital Allows Limited, Prearranged Visitation
SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y., Sept. 10, 2020—Effective immediately Saratoga Hospital is allowing limited, prearranged visits with patients who meet certain criteria.
The new arrangement—which replaces a “no visitors policy” in place since March—reflects the community’s success in curbing COVID-19.
In recent weeks, less than 1% of COVID-19 patients tested at Saratoga Hospital sites have been positive for the coronavirus. This sustained low prevalence played a key role in the hospital’s decision to relax visiting rules slightly.
Visitation decisions will respect each patient’s wishes, reflect the patient’s care needs and be made by the patient’s care team. Not every patient will be able to have visitors.
Under the updated policy:
- Approved visits will take place between 4 and 7 p.m.
- Eligible patients can identify one individual age 18 or older as the sole approved visitor for the day.
- The designated visitor must make visiting arrangements by calling 518-587-3222 and asking to be connected to the patient’s care unit.
- A care unit staff member will confirm the visit with the patient and the patient’s care team.
- Visitors must comply with the visitor responsibilities outlined on www.SaratogaHospital.org.
- As always, compassionate exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
“From the very beginning of this healthcare crisis, our priority has been to ensure the safety of our patients, staff and community,” said Dr. Richard Falivena, vice president and chief medical and physician integration officer at Saratoga Hospital. “An important part of this effort has been monitoring the presence of COVD-19 in our community, following public health guidelines and making adjustments, as needed, to our patient care protocols and policies.”
Saratoga Hospital has separate visitation guidelines for patients receiving care in the following areas:
- Alfred Z. Solomon Emergency Center
- Mental Health Unit
- Mother-Baby Unit
- Pre- and post-procedure units
- Mollie Wilmot Radiation Oncology Center
More detailed information is available at www.SaratogaHospital.org.
About Saratoga Hospital: Saratoga Hospital is the Saratoga region’s leading healthcare provider and the only acute-care facility in Saratoga County. The hospital’s multispecialty practice, Saratoga Hospital Medical Group, provides care at more than 20 locations, ensuring easy access to programs and services that can have the greatest impact on individual and community health. Saratoga Hospital has maintained Magnet designation for nursing excellence since 2004. The hospital is an affiliate of the Albany Med Health System, which also includes Albany Med, Columbia Memorial Health and Glens Falls Hospital. The region’s largest locally governed health system, it has 1,520 beds, more than 800 physicians and 125 outpatient locations. For more information: www.saratogahospital.org or www.facebook.com/SaratogaHospital.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Peter M. Hopper
Director, Marketing and Communications