Together we bring the best health care we can to the community in which we live.
Leave a lasting impact. Legacy giving is among the most powerful, meaningful forms of philanthropy.
“Because my wife Mary and I believe there is no greater calling than the care, healing, and the saving of lives, each of us has made a bequest to connect our legacy to the future strength of the Hospital.”
–Dr. Roland and Mary Phillips
With a planned gift, you provide future support for Saratoga Hospital and our community. Your gift continues to make a difference—strengthening the Hospital and improving the lives of those who turn to us for care—for generations to come.
- It can be as easy as including language in your will stating, “I bequeath to Saratoga Hospital, a not-for-profit corporation established under the laws of the State of New York… [the sum of money, the following property described exactly, a stated percentage of the estate, or the rest, residue and remainder of my estate]… to be used for the benefit of Saratoga Hospital in such manner as Saratoga Hospital shall deem fit and proper.”
- You can change your mind or amend at any time should your circumstances change.
- Gifts to qualified charitable organizations can reduce the value of your estate for estate tax purposes.
Outright Gifts of Cash, Stock, Bonds, Mutual Funds, or Personal Property
- Receive immediate income tax deduction.
- Avoid capital gains tax.
Gifts of Retirement Plans
- Simply name Saratoga Hospital Foundation as the beneficiary of your Individual Retirement Account (IRA), 401(k), or other retirement savings plan.
- You will reduce the tax burden for your heirs.
- You may receive an immediate income tax deduction.
Gifts of Life insurance Policies
- Provide a substantial gift at little cost to yourself.
- Receive an immediate tax deduction and, possibly, future deductions.
Real Estate Gift
- Receive an immediate tax deduction for the value of your home or other donated property.
- Avoid capital gains tax on the value of your gift.
Retained Life Estate
- Realize the tax savings of donating your property to the Hospital.
- Retain the right to live in your home for as long as you choose, including your lifetime.
- Expedite your gift by removing the property from probate.
Legacy Society recognizes those who have linked their legacy to ours by making a planned, or deferred, gift to Saratoga Hospital. Members receive a 14K gold pin—an original design by Dennis deJonghe—and have their names inscribed on a leaf on the beautiful ivy and metal sculpture in the Hospital main lobby. Members are also honored each year at an invitation-only luncheon and receive invitations throughout the year to attend special presentations.