N E W S R E L E A S E
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 17, 2019
Saratoga Hospital and Saratoga Regional YMCA in Malta Present
‘The Complete Approach to Sports Performance’
June 24 Community Open House Showcases One-of-a-Kind Partnership
MALTA, NY, June 17, 2019—Saratoga Hospital and Saratoga Regional YMCA will host “The Complete Approach to Sports Performance,” a community open house June 24 at the organizations’ shared facility at Saratoga Medical Park at Malta.
The event will showcase the one-of-a-kind partnership between the hospital and YMCA and the complementary services available under one roof. The building, off Northway Exit 12, is home to a full-service YMCA branch and comprehensive rehabilitation and sports medicine services provided by Saratoga Hospital.
“This facility and partnership are unique in our region, and the benefits to athletes, rehabilitation patients and Y members are significant,” said Peggy Lounsbury, director of the Regional Therapy Center of Saratoga Hospital. The center offers an array of services—including physical and occupational therapy and sports rehabilitation—at the Malta site. Dr. James Kelley, of Saratoga Hospital Medical Group-Sports Medicine, also has offices there.
“Saratoga Regional YMCA and Saratoga Hospital are collaborating to make it easier for people to get and stay fit,” said Allison St. Pierre, executive director of the Y’s Malta branch. “Together, we are promoting wellness and improving community health.”
The Malta YMCA offers a variety of programs and services including individual training sessions with YMCA certified trainers. YMCA Personal Trainers work with all ages and ability levels to motivate and encourage members to meet their health and wellness goals.
Both organizations invite the public to see, firsthand, some of the advantages of this partnership.
The open house will include:
- Demonstrations, by local athletes, of the YMCA’s newest training and rehabilitation technology, the AlterG® Anti-Gravity TreadmillTM.
- The AlterG uses patented NASA technology that allows patients and athletes to move unrestricted and pain-free. The Malta Y is one of the only places locally where this technology is available to the public.
- Demonstrations will include Aidan Toocker, one of the fastest distance athletes in the country from Syracuse University.
- Demonstrations of Regional Therapy Center programs designed specifically for athletes:
- Agility, suspension training and plyometric rehab. Therapists will be on hand to provide information on the complete range of rehabilitation services at the Malta location.
- Q&A with Dr. Kelley, a sports medicine physician who works with athletes of all ages and ability levels.
- He welcomes questions on all aspects of nonsurgical management of sports injuries, injury prevention, and sports performance testing and enhancement. Kelley is highly skilled in the latest techniques, including VO2 max assessment of cardiorespiratory fitness and endurance.
“Whether you’re a professional or a beginner, an individual or team athlete, we can help you enhance your performance, fitness and health,” Kelley said.
The open house will be held June 24, from 5-7 p.m., at the new Y-Saratoga Hospital building in the Saratoga Medical Park at Malta. Healthy refreshments will be served. All are welcome.
About Saratoga Hospital: Saratoga Hospital is the Saratoga region’s leading healthcare provider and the only acute-care facility in Saratoga County. The hospital’s multispecialty practice, Saratoga Hospital Medical Group, provides care at more than 20 locations, ensuring easy access to programs and services that can have the greatest impact on individual and community health. Saratoga Hospital has maintained Magnet designation for nursing excellence since 2004. Through its affiliation with Columbia Memorial Health and Albany Med, Saratoga Hospital is part of the largest locally governed health system in the region. For more information: www.saratogahospital.org or www.facebook.com/SaratogaHospital.
About the Saratoga Regional YMCA:
The Saratoga Regional YMCA is one of the area’s largest charitable organizations, serving more than 30,000 community members through a focus on Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility. With a mission focused on building a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all, it operates 5 YMCA locations across Saratoga and Southern Washington County. The YMCA also provides financial assistance for membership and programs like summer camp, child care, and swim lessons, so that no one is turned away due to an inability to pay. To learn more, visit the Saratoga Regional YMCA website at srymca.org or follow on Facebook or Instagram.
# # #
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT
Saratoga Hospital: Saratoga Regional YMCA:
Peter Hopper Mike Miakisz
Director, Marketing and Communications Marketing & Communications Director