N E W S R E L E A S E
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 15, 2018
Cantina Restaurant and Saratoga Hospital Foundation Team Up for Cantina Kids Fun Run June 3
SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY, May 15, 2018—Last year, nearly 4,000 children received treatment in Saratoga Hospital’s Alfred Z. Solomon Emergency Center. Every one of them benefited from funds raised by the annual Cantina Kids Fun Run. Now in its 11th year, the Fun Run has become a family favorite, attracting hundreds of children and parents, rain or shine.
The 2018 Cantina Kids Fun Run will be held June 3 in Congress Park. The race starts at 9 a.m. Early bird registration is $15 through May 22; after that date, general registration (including race day) is $20.
Since its inception in 2008, the event has raised over $409,000 for children’s healthcare at Saratoga Hospital, with the lion’s share of the proceeds benefiting pediatric emergency medicine.
The Fun Run was the brainchild of Cantina restaurant owners Jeff and Heath Ames, who teamed up with Saratoga Hospital Foundation to give back in appreciation for the lifesaving care their daughter has repeatedly received at Saratoga Hospital. The event brings families and organizations together for a healthy outdoor activity—and a worthy cause. This year’s presenting sponsor is New Country Motor Car Group.
- Run as a family. Strollers are welcome.
- Pre-registration: Online, now through noon May 31. Go to cantinakidsfunrun.org. Pre-registered runners can pick up race packets in advance on June 2, from 9 a.m. to noon in Congress Park, near the Casino.
- Race-day registration: June 3, 8-8:45 a.m., in Congress Park, near the Carousel.
- Two courses: ¼ mile or 1 mile.
- Medals: For all runners-up to age 12. Trophies to the top three boys and girls on each course. “Healthiest School” award to the school with the highest participation.
- Kids’ activities: face painting, games and more
For more information or to register, visit www.cantinakidsfunrun.org or call 518-583-8765.
# # #
About Saratoga Hospital Foundation: Saratoga Hospital Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Saratoga Hospital, Saratoga County’s leading healthcare provider. As such, the foundation secures, manages and distributes charitable gifts to support the mission of Saratoga Hospital and its affiliates. Over the years, the foundation has raised more than $40 million for Saratoga Hospital programs and facilities, all of which benefit the people of the Saratoga region. For more information: www.saratogahospitalfoundation.org.
# # #
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: