FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 9, 2022
Cantina Kids Fun Run Returns to Congress Park June 5
Early-bird registration underway for family event that supports children’s healthcare at Saratoga Hospital
SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY, May 9, 2022—Families will return to Congress Park June 5 for the annual Cantina Kids Fun Run to support children’s healthcare at Saratoga Hospital.
The Fun Run made its debut in 2008 and has become a family favorite, attracting hundreds of children and parents, rain or shine. Together, they’ve raised over $620,000 to help provide equipment, education and other services that enhance pediatric care at Saratoga Hospital.
After a COVID-19 hiatus, this year kids can once again run with friends and neighbors in person while making a difference for pediatric patients.
The Fun Run was the brainchild of Cantina restaurant owners Jeff and Heath Ames, who teamed up with Saratoga Hospital Foundation to give back in appreciation for the lifesaving care their daughter has received at the hospital. The event brings families and organizations together for a healthy outdoor activity—and a worthy cause. This year’s presenting sponsor is New Country Motor Car Group.
The race starts at 9 a.m. Early-bird registration is $15 through May 15. Pre-registration, for $20, will continue through June 2. Race-day registration is $25.
- Date, time and place: June 5 at 9 a.m. in Congress Park, near the Carousel.
- Run as a family: Strollers are welcome.
- Pre-registration: Online now through June 2 at noon. Pre-registered runners can pick up race packets in advance on June 4, from 9 a.m. to noon in Congress Park, near the Casino.
- Race-day registration: June 5, 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. in Congress Park, near the Carousel.
- Two courses: 1/4 mile recommended for kids 7 and under or 1 mile recommended for kids 8 - 12.
- Medals: For all runners up to age 12. Trophies to the top three boys and girls on each course. "Healthiest School" award to the school with the highest participation.
For more information, go to www.cantinakidsfunrun.org or call 518-583-8789.
About Saratoga Hospital Foundation: Saratoga Hospital Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Saratoga Hospital, a member of the Albany Med Health System. The foundation secures, manages and distributes charitable gifts exclusively to support the mission of Saratoga Hospital. To date, the foundation has raised more than $70 million for Saratoga Hospital programs and facilities, all of which benefit the people of the Saratoga region. For more information, visit www.SaratogaHospitalFoundation.org.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Manager, Special Events/Race Day Contact
Saratoga Hospital Foundation
Director, Marketing and Communications